Enrollment Programs

California Promise

The California Promise Program (Senate Bill 412) enables Humboldt to establish a pledge program for:

  • entering first-time students who are both interested and able to complete their baccalaureate degrees in four years, and
  • transfer students who have been accepted with an Associate Degree for Transfer (AD-T) from a California Community College to complete their baccalaureate degree in two years.

The program is limited to students who are residents of California.

To take advantage of the California Promise Program, students must meet certain requirements and sign a pledge contract. Students who may be eligible will be contacted at their Humboldt email address.

Benefits of the program include specialized advising each semester and priority registration to assist in meeting the four-year or two-year degree pledge. See CSU: The California Promise Program for more information.

CSU Fully Online  (concurrent enrollment in online classes)

Eligible Humboldt students have access to fully online courses at other CSU campuses through the CSU Fully Online program. CSU Fully Online is not offered in the summer. Students wishing to enroll in online summer course(s) will enroll directly through the offering campus. 

See CSU Fully Online Courses to learn more about courses offered, eligibility and conditions of enrollment. Talk to your academic advisor or graduation counselor in the Office of the Registrar to determine if the course will apply to degree requirements. Learn how to enroll in CSU Fully Online.

CSU International Programs (CSU IP)

The California State University International Programs (CSU IP) offers qualified students the opportunity continue their studies abroad. Participants earn resident academic credit at their CSU campuses while they pursue full-time, yearlong study at host universities in 18 countries.

To be eligible, students must have upper division or graduate standing at a CSU campus by the time of departure and a current cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or 3.0, depending on the program for which they apply, Some programs also have language study and/or other coursework prerequisites. To learn more, see CSU International Programs and Humboldt International Programs websites.

CSU Intrasystem Concurrent Enrollment

The Intrasystem Concurrent Enrollment program permits students to enroll in classes on a space-available basis at Humboldt and another CSU campus simultaneously. For more eligibility requirements and enrollment conditions, see the Intrasystem Concurrent or Visitor Enrollment application. For information on CSU concurrent enrollment in online classes, refer to CSU Fully Online.

CSU Intrasystem Visitor Enrollment

The Intrasystem Visitor Program allows continuing Humboldt students to enroll in one term at another CSU campus. For more eligibility requirements and enrollment conditions, see the Intrasystem Visitor Program application.

Extended Education

The College of Extended Education & Global Engagement offers (with no admission requirements) extension courses and programs for professional development and enrichment courses and programs, for credit and non-credit. A maximum of 24 semester units of extension courses are allowed to count toward a bachelor’s degree; these units do not count toward the residency requirement.

Learn more about the classes and programs available in the Extended Education Course Bulletin. Visit the College of Extended Education & Global Engagement website for more information.

High School Concurrent Enrollment

Current High School students may be considered for enrollment in certain special programs if recommended by the principal and appropriate campus department chair. See High School Concurrent Program. for program description, eligibility and registration procedures.

Open University

Open University provides an opportunity for those who are not currently admitted to Cal Poly Humboldt to enroll in university courses in the fall and spring through Extended Education.

Some departments allow matriculated graduate students to enroll in one unit of discipline-specific x693 in order to maintain continuous enrollment. Contact Graduate Studies for information.

Student Veterans /Service Members

Veterans Enrollment and Transition Services is available for all veterans and families of veterans who need application information or enrollment certification to begin their Montgomery GI Bill®. Students who have questions about eligibility or need to file an application for the Cal Vet Fee Waiver can contact Veterans Enrollment and Transition Services or the Veterans Service Officer at the Humboldt County Veterans Service Office at 707-445-7341.

Disclosure of Student Information

We take your privacy seriously. Read more about the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).